. Military-Civilian: Hot Jobs, Events, and Helpful Information for Veterans Seeking Civilian Careers: How to Be Your Own Security Team

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

How to Be Your Own Security Team















January 21, 2020
Categories: Safety, Travel Tips, Security and Intelligence

















Did the company laptop make it through security? How much time do I have after landing to get to my hotel to change my clothes and charge my phone? What time is my first meeting? Did I bring the right presentation with me?
There’s a lot going through your mind when you are traveling for business. You’re probably not as aware of your surroundings as you would be at home and it didn’t cross your mind to research your destination(s) for health or safety risks. But there are ways to reduce your risk while traveling for business — such as practicing your situational awareness skills.
“Situational awareness is being alert to your immediate environment,” said Harding Bush, associate manager of operations at Global Rescue. “It is training your eye to actively observe your surroundings.”
This might mean, at the very minimum, putting your cell phone down. On the other side of the spectrum, this could mean mentally planning an exit strategy when a street-side protest starts to spiral out of control

No comments: