. Military-Civilian: Hot Jobs, Events, and Helpful Information for Veterans Seeking Civilian Careers: Sporting Clays Event and Bio

Monday, October 22, 2018

Sporting Clays Event and Bio

https://flyingrabbitsportingclays.com/

https://flyingrabbitsportingclays.com/
















So my name is David Snipes I grew up hunting East Tennessee with my dad and family. I went duck hunting for the first time with a cousin and since that day have been hooked on Waterfowl/Wing Shooting. I joined the Marine Corp in 2008 after a failed attempt at college like many other vets that ended up on active duty. I am an 0311 by trade and served 8 years of service, I was with 3rd BN 6th MAR I Co from 2008-2012 and deployed 2 times to Marjah, Afghanistan, where I unfortunately received a Purple Heart. I re-enlisted in 2012 while OCONUS for Marine Corps Security Forces where I went to Charlie Co and deployed to Cuba and Bahrain. After returning from Bahrain I transferred to the CQB school house in Chesapeake, VA where I finished my career. After being Honorably Discharged in 2016 I moved to Harrisonburg, VA where my wife is from to spend my life with my wife and kids. In 2018 Mike Foltz and Myself opened Banded Brothers Va the Shenandoah Valley’s Premier Guide Service, from the beginning stages we knew we wanted to work with Veteran’s as a form of therapy, this is how I have coped with my own service connected disabilities. I have made it my personal mission to share my journey with other vets to keep them from unnecessary medication and possible suicide.

Banded Brothers VA is hosting a Veteran’s Day Sporting Clays Tournament with all proceeds being donated to Freedom Hunters. The shoot will take place on November 10, 2018. We have a fellow Marine, Damian Knight, now a country music recording artist coming in to play music for the event. The event will be catered by Jake’s Bar & Grill, owner Rhonda Winfield, a Gold Star Mother and author of “When Johnny Doesn’t Come Marching Home, A Mother’s Story of the Price for Freedom”, is thrilled to be able to provide food for our veterans and cause. 


https://flyingrabbitsportingclays.com/

No comments: