. Military-Civilian: Hot Jobs, Events, and Helpful Information for Veterans Seeking Civilian Careers: Korean War Veteran needs help

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Korean War Veteran needs help

I am I putting this out to all my contacts in hopes that someone can help this Korean War Veteran.
I am going to give you the story of Luis Angel Gongoria, He served in The Army from January 3, 1951 to December 19th 1952 then he was released with an Honorable Discharge. He has his documents to verify his service.
His case was brought to me by an employee here at Hacienda La Puente Adult Ed, who decided to take him in to help him because he was being evicted from Brookdale assisted living facility in Alhambra because he exhausted his savings and he could not afford to continue paying the facility to supplement the portion that social security could not cover.

Every month he was paying approximately $1000.00 out of his savings until he ran out of money.

My co-worker decided to help him temporarily, because he had no place to stay, he also lived longer than his immediate family members and he never had children so there is nobody else who is willing to help him.

My co-worker who is already taking care of her elderly mother did not realize how much help this veteran actually needed, but she was willing to help him but she just cannot continue to care for two elderly people, as it is taking a toll on her.

Here are the issues we are facing with Luis Angel Gongora.

Luis is 80 + yrs. old and he uses a walker to get around, due to a fall that broke his hip and just never recovered so he has used a walker ever since.

Luis is unable to cook for himself, clean, or bathe himself so he is in need of assisted living but he cannot afford to supplement any monies as he is completely broke and only receives Social Security.

He needs immediate assistance and I would appreciate anyone’s help that can direct me to the proper agency, or direct me to someone who is able to help me with this veterans’ situation.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Martin Barragan, VA Certifying Official Hacienda La Puente Adult Education mabarragan@hlpusd.k12.ca.us my cell # (626) 434-6769
Office # (626) 934-2866
If I do not pick up, please leave a message so that I can call you back as soon as I possibly can.

No comments: