Data Analyst Alaska Ex Military JobsData Analyst (Medical/Billing Coding) – Joint Base Elmendorf, Richardson AlaskaColey has an immediate opening for two Data Analysts in support of the 673rd Medical Group (673 MDG), Elmendorf AFB in the Richardson, Alaska area.
Are you a highly efficient and expert Data Analyst with current ICD-9 experience? Do you enjoy working with Coding/Billing? Better yet, do you have past experience with the Veterans Administration or JBER Elmendorf in Richardson Alaska? Would you like a stable and supportive environment? Are you systematic, respectful, analytical and thorough? Do you like to develop systems and processes that bring groups together? If so, we would like to talk with you.
Coley is currently working on a project and is offering highly-qualified candidates a place to cultivate their knowledge, build upon their experience, and use their expertise in making a real difference.
Our culture is defined by our work ethic, strong tradition of respect, integrity, and employee development. Coley is a place where a person’s strengths, contributions, and ideas are welcomed and rewarded. We pride ourselves on also being a culture of communication – one in which employees know where the organization is headed, how they fit into these plans, and what’s expected of them. Coley was named “Best Places to Work” in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Primary Responsibilities For Data Analyst Alaska Ex Military Jobs:
• Collects, analyzes, and evaluates data, and makes recommendations based on results
• Develops processes to determine the effectiveness of current operational activities, examines problem areas, and develops solutions• Relies on extensive analytical skills to include mathematics and statistics to plan and accomplish goals
• Must have demonstrated experience in the creation, storage, and retrieval of data in Air Force and Military Health Service systems commensurate with the area of expertise required by the Task Order
• Must be familiar with a variety of Air Force Medical Service concepts, practices and procedures
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
Specific Tasks For Data Analyst Ex military Jobs:
• Background: This support is needed to provide analysis and continuity to maximize efficiency of 673 MDG. There has been a significant increase in requests from the DoD due to special emphasis on projects requested by the President regarding resource sharing
• The objective of this task is to serve as a data analyst in the Resource Management element in the Business Operations & Beneficiary Services (BOBS) Flight with primary responsibilities associated with 673 MDG
• Provide data to help develop systems and processes that will allow both organizations to collaborate together on staffing requirements
• Requires skill in applying basic data gathering methods, such as standard interviewing or surveying techniques, to collect various types of factual information
• Apply knowledge of the standardized processes and procedures for evaluating management or program operations to perform duties such as planning the steps to take to complete assignments; identifying problems from collected data, and selecting solutions from alternatives in guidelines and precedent cases
• Plans and carries out the successive steps of management or program analysis technical projects and assignments and handles problems and deviations in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices
• Independently determines the types and sources of management or program information required for reports, the nature and extent of deviations from established management or program requirements, and whether standard data gathering techniques are appropriate for assignments• Monitors changes in billing rates of various fees schedules to ensure billing software is up-to-date with the most current fee schedules
• Creates billing claims in Medisoft billing system and prepares reports reflecting the entries are accurate and balance with the monthly summary excel document
• Processes billing claims according to 673 MDG billing protocol and Joint Venture Sharing Agreement
• Reviews bills and diagnostic coding to assure accuracy and compliance with regulatory requirements; identifies deficiencies such as omissions and incorrect use of medical terminology, and corrects records as necessary
• Codes, reviews, analyzes a variety of medical records and diagnoses, consulting with lead coder and providers to ensure records are correct and complete; sequences multiple diagnosis codes are primary and secondary and identifies that all charges and coding are consistent with patients’ diagnosis and type of care
• Ensures all VA patient record documents are present for review in Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) for health care services provided and billed through 673 MDG. Provides clinical results when information is not available in CPRS and for all outpatient specialty clinics, pathology and radiology
• Builds computer files for International Classification of Diseases 9th (ICD-9) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes and enters current information into Medisoft billing system
• Develops processes and compiles data from pertinent records and provides information to DoD administration to assist in special studies or projects
• Maintains and reconciles accounts, prepares reports and statements, analyzes accounts and follows-up on delinquent accounts• Posts payments to accounts into the Medisoft billing system and reviews for accuracy. Prepares documents reflecting the entries within various reporting frames
• Maintains fee schedules and updates Medisoft billing software to reflect current Champus Maximum Allowable Charge (CMAC) pricing
• Performs necessary research and documents correctly to determine whether the patient should be billed as a retiree or veteran beneficiary
Required Qualifications For Data Analyst Alaska Ex Military Jobs:
• Associate’s Degree desired
• Possess three years of medical billing and/or medical coding experience
• Knowledge is mandatory of medical terminology, laboratory, pathology and radiological studies, and pharmaceuticals in order to accurately analyze medical records. Must have knowledge of Medical Insurance Billing and Coding and comprehensive understanding of CPT/Coding and ICD-9 guidelines in accordance with national standards
• Must have knowledge of the Right to Privacy Act and other regulating directives on release of information
• Must have knowledge of medical records, procedures, regulations, and principals to perform functions such as analysis, processing claims, coding and compiling data
• Must have knowledge of medical terminology, laboratory, pathology and radiological studies, and pharmaceuticals in order to accurately analyze medical records and bill accordingly
• Must have ability to research and apply billing guidelines to produce a claim according to the national standards set forth by Center for Medical Services (CMS)
• Knowledge of the Joint Venture, DoD Fee Basis processing and payment regulations and applicable contracts preferred
• Must have comprehensive understanding of the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)/Coding and International Classification of Diseases 9th (ICD-9) guidelines
Work Schedule For Data Analyst Alaska Ex Military Jobs:
40 hours per week. 7:30-4:30 Monday thru Friday. Or upon contracting officers approval may work four-10 hour shifts or flex-time shifts in the 40 hours per week.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Compensation & Benefits:We offer competitive salaries, annual merit increases and bonuses, generous paid time off, and a full range of benefits including medical, RX, vision and dental coverage for full-time regular employees. Other benefits include Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Short & Long Term Disability, and Group Life and AD&D Insurance; plus Optional Life Insurance is available for both the employee & family members. We also provide many other benefits including an Employee Assistance Program; Training for Technical, Professional and Personal Development; Employee Performance and Idea Incentives; and Discounted Merchandise Program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Data Analyst Alaska Ex Military Jobs