TXM Recruit Ltd is part of a £100m Turnover Group of Engineering Companies headquartered in Milton Keynes. We are an established, specialist recruitment consultancy with a proactive, dynamic approach to permanent and temporary recruitment solutions. Operating across a diverse range of industries including Automotive, Built Environment, Defence, General Engineering and Manufacturing, Rail and Projects. We have the ability provide personnel across the full project life cycle.
As a global recruitment consultancy with operations in the United Kingdom, America, Middle East, and Australasia. TXM Recruit provide around the clock recruitment support for our client and candidate base through our team of professionally trained consultants.
We are seeking Communications / Electronic Technician for Afghanistan
Must have Active US Secret Clearance
Under limited direction applies advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
Positions Reporting to this Function: None
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assigns and monitors work and assists with training of technicians and installers.
2. Diagnoses and corrects the most complex systems and equipment problems.
3. Assists in establishing procedures.
4. Performs direct and general support (DS/GS) level maintenance and repair on special electronic devices, including: night vision equipment, mine detectors, scattering systems, electronic distance and azimuth orienting devices.
5. Performs test, measurements, and diagnosis equipment to determine the cause and location of malfunctions, extend of faults, and category of maintenance required.
6. Repairs systems, equipment and subassemblies by adjusting, aligning, repairing and replacing defective components.
7. Repairs systems, replaces defective components and performs bench test to verify operations of repaired equipment. Evacuates damaged equipment and components to higher-level repair activities.
8. Performs preventive maintenance checks and services on tools, test, measurements, and diagnosis equipment and vehicles.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
High School graduate or equivalent required. Must have a security clearance prior to employment.
a. 3-4 years experience in the Electronic Maintenance Field.
b. Must have extensive experience with TMDE, to include ANIGRM-122, NVG test set, multimeters, oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
c. US Military School-trained in MOS 35/94E or 94F. Experience with Night Vision/Thermal devices, Blue Force Tracker, NBC equipment, and vehicle communication installations.
Specialized knowledge and skills:
a) Must be able to navigate through and understand the use of complex Army technical manuals.
b) Must be able to use test, measurement and diagnostic equipment (TMDE), i.e. AN/GRM-122 Radio Test Set, to determine the cause and location of malfunctions, extent of faults and the level of maintenance required
c) Electronic principles, Use and maintenance of electrical and electronic test equipment, Equipment repair, practice in repairing and replacing equipment parts and basic Soldiering skills.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
a) Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively during a 77 hour work week.
b) Must be able to lift 25 Lbs. continuously, 50 Lbs intermittently.
c) Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
d) Must be able to work overhead for extended periods.
e) Work is located in a combat zone.
1 year contract with AECOM with potential to extend to 4
77 hour work week
Housing; provided - government directed, varies by location (Tents, B-Huts, or CHU (Container Housing Unit)
Transportation, Food Services/Laundry Services; provided
Paid Bi-weekly / Direct Deposit
Paid Vacation (R&R)
Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Tax exempt info) can be located at www.irs.gov
Confidential Clearance is required
Must pass Background Investigation- on Criminal & Driving Record
Must pass required Medical exam / Dental exam prior to deployment (Medical conditions considered non-deployable: Diabetes, HIV, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis and BMI )
BMI is a non waiverable issue. Test online at http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ Use HMO calculator – Score must be 39 or below for both male and female
This position description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. Employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Interested candidates, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.