Maintenance Technician Richmond VA
ROSS Management Services is seeking your expertise & passion for exceptional customer services for an available Maintenance Technician opportunity. At ROSS Management our Maintenance Technicians are the go-to for maintaining our apartment homes. Working as a team our technicians are responsible for the electrical plumbing HVAC boiler carpentry & a variety of apartment maintenance tasks Put your expertise and passion to use and apply your maintenance knowledge to help make each one of our ROSS Management apartment homes feel like home.Purpose for Maintenance Technician Richmond VA:
To maintain the physical appearance of the community; service residents' needs with respect to their apartment homes; provide corrective, preventative and emergency maintenance;
insure safe and satisfactory operation of apartment appliances, minor plumbing / electrical carpentry, and floor repairs, assist with apartment turnover preparation, community equipment, HVAC systems and any other duties assigned.
Physical Requirements for Maintenance Technician Richmond VA:
Maintenance personnel must be able to ascend or descend multiple flights of stairs and inspect and service locations where sidewalks or walkways are not provided.
(See physical Requirements as further outlined in this description.)
Authority Level for Maintenance Technician Richmond VA:
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or the Sr. Property Manager/Property Manager. In the absence of the Sr. Property
Manager/Property Manager, the Assistant Property Manager (where applicable) assumes the responsibility. When these supervisors are not present or available during any normal period of
operation, the Maintenance Personnel is responsible for the general functions of the Maintenance Office.
General Responsibilities for Maintenance Technician Richmond VA
(1) Maintain neat, clean and appropriate physical appearance. Proper uniform, if provided, is to be worn in accordance with the Career Apparel Policy.
(2) Maintain professional, cooperative and service oriented attitude with community residents, limiting communication during working hours to matters relative to service order requests.
(3) Respond promptly to and provide all necessary services in connection with, emergencies and calls for service.
(4) Communicate hazards or unsafe conditions for public, residents, and fellow employees to supervisor.
(5) Inform supervisor of any residents or guests responsible for damage done to community structures or grounds.
(6) Accept tasks assigned temporarily, or as permanent additions, to responsibilities.
(7) Promote fair housing standards and equal housing opportunity.
Specific Responsibilities for Maintenance Technician Richmond VA
(1) Complete service order requests timely and accurately, as assigned.
(2) Monitor maintenance supply inventory and inform supervisor of items requiring ordering.
(3) Service and maintain community equipment, thereby allowing continued, uninterrupted use.
(4) Perform preventive maintenance on plumbing, electrical, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation systems.
(5) Complete inspection forms, i.e. documenting boiler readings, water heater temperatures, and routine service performed on systems.
(6) Accompany Maintenance Supervisor, Senior Property Manager/Property Manager on inspections of public areas, apartments during turnover process, semi-annual apartment smoke detector check, and any other inspections conducted by owner or management.
(7) Assist and/or supervise service companies contracted to perform specific duties at community.
(8) Where designated by Property Manager, Regional Property Manager, or Maintenance Supervisor supervise performance of other members of maintenance, and any individuals temporarily assigned to community.
(9) Depending on community needs, participate in, and remain available for, 24-hour emergency maintenance service, as scheduled.
(10) Assist, as needed, during community emergency situations (example: snow removal, fire flood, natural or man-made disasters).
(11) Attend seminars, classes or community staff meetings for policy updates, reviews or instructions for equipment use and conforming to changes in government regulations.
Required Experience/Skills for Maintenance Technician Richmond VA
5+ years maintenance experience in individual HVAC repair and preventative maintenance of individual or central plant equipment, appliance, plumbing and electrical systems and repairs, fire safety equipment and repairs, supervision and preparation of turnover apartments and flooring installations; Ability to assist and follow instructions in the performance of all maintenance repairs and duties independently, professionally and in a timely responsible manner; Initiative and motivation to continue training to develop skills), preferred , (i.e. license and certifications); Good organizational and time management skills.
A valid driver’s license vehicle insurance and transportation to respond to on-call emergency calls is required. CFC - Type 2 may be required.
Note: These characteristics are not in any specific order of importance, and all functions of this position may not be included. Some candidates for this position may not possess all of the above
mentioned qualifications and will be considered for employment based on previous background and experience.
Physical Requirements for Maintenance Technician Richmond VA
The duties and responsibilities will require all or some of the following physical applications:
Lifting dead weight in excess of 40 pounds (bags of snow melting chemicals, air handlers, HVAC units, small appliances, etc.).
Operating powered equipment where manual pushing, pulling or steering of equipment is required (snow blower, leaf vacuum, etc.).
Operating powered equipment where manual lifting and transporting of apparatus is required (K-1500 auger, refrigerant recovery system, vacuum pump, etc.).
Using powered tools requiring stability during operation and which may cause abnormal vibration to the body of the operator (saws-all, hammer drill, etc.).
Using non-powered tools requiring stooping, bending, reaching or swinging tool above shoulders (shoveling, hammering, digging, etc.).
Using non-powered equipment where manual pushing, pulling or steering of equipment is required (wheelbarrow, appliance dolly, chemical spreader, etc.).
Climbing ladders to reach heights above 7 feet from ground (change light bulbs or fixtures, roof inspections, repairs to plumbing located in ceilings, etc.).
Stooping, bending or crawling to gain access to confined areas, to effect repairs (crawl spaces, plumbing access panels, sink base cabinets for plumbing traps or garbage disposal repairs, etc.).
Driving community equipment (trucks, tractors, riding lawn mowers, etc.).
Look no further. A comprehensive benefits program employee recognition programs and career training and development through the ROSS University await you. Your energy hard-work and attention to detail is welcome.
Please apply online
We are proud to be an EOE. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. You must be authorized to work in the US. No relocation assistance provided.