. Military-Civilian: Hot Jobs, Events, and Helpful Information for Veterans Seeking Civilian Careers: Information from a reliable source - US NAVY Veteran in need of help – Camarillo, CA

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Information from a reliable source - US NAVY Veteran in need of help – Camarillo, CA

My name is Chris Formby,  US Navy Veteran with a few needs that I truly need help with. 

Here's my situation:

I have an older car that ran strong but was overheating and determined that the head gasket was leaking and needed replacing.
I tried to have it repaired by a couple guys that were cheaper than a shop and the machining was not done correctly.
I got the car back and the car ran sort-of and didn't overheat anymore, died every time I came to  a stop,  the timing seemed off and a loss of compression.
I did both a dry and then wet compression test myself and determined that the bottom end of the engine was good.  I then adjusted each valve correctly with feeler gauges and when piston #1 was at Top Dead Center, the cam was 180 degrees off(exactly opposite of what it should be).  So I took the belt off, rotated the cam to lineup with TDC and put everything back together and it would turn over but not start, which means loss of compression in the valves. 

1995 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl. 2.2L VTEC F22B1 engine

The head needs to removed and machined correctly and need new valves to match up with the head and then put back together. 
 If there's a mobile mechanic out there that can help me, it would be so awesome and make such a difference in my life.  I am willing to assist them in the repair also if necessary.  The estimates I've received are approximately $900-1200.
I cannot afford to do this because I've been out of work since I graduated from The Lee Strasberg Institute in LA. 
I have looked for a job close by but no luck.  I have a job offer on hold in Oxnard, but cant get there due to my car being broken
.

I really need some help and I know there's help somewhere for me. 

Sincerely, Chris Formby, US NAVY Veteran. 
Contact info:
Chris Formby
555 Rosewood Ave #709
Camarillo, CA 93010

crformby@hotmail.com

No comments: