Linux Information Systems Security Officer
JOB CODE: 2799
DESCRIPTION For Linux Information Systems Security Officer:
TITLE: Linux Network/Security Administrator
LOCATION: VA – Hampton
DURATION: Full Time/Regular/On-Going
PAY RANGE: $75-85k
Planned Systems International, Inc. (PSI) is seeking a certified Network/Security Administrator to support our current project at the Headquarters Air Combat Command (ACC) at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Virginia. The ACC provides dominant combat airpower for the Joint Force for the Weapons System Management divisions and the Core Function Enterprise. We provide Advisory and Assistance Services in a number of areas, however this position supports networking security specifically.
While this is a responsible job with a lot of learning and growth potential, it only requires a year of actual work experience in network administration in a Red Hat or SuSE Linux environment combined with the required certs and TS clearance. PSI offers very competitive benefits, including health benefits, leave programs, 401(k), life/disability insurances, and a valuable training portal so our IT Professionals may continue their studies and certifications.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities For Linux Information Systems Security Officer:
Specifically, this Network/Security Administrator, or Linux Information Systems Security Officer will:
* Support program information security on classified networks up to and including Top Secret level for the specified program offices ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of program data
* Interpret information systems security principles, information systems security guides, concepts, regulations and standards and provide information systems security guidance to managers, supervisors, and other staff agencies.
* Provide overall knowledge management and Automated Data Processing operations support.
* Provide technical and analytical assistance to implement solutions to sustain, maintain, and manage all aspects of information systems to include WAN/LAN and Personal Computer (PC) support services.
* Ensure compliance with DoD policies & ACC standards.
* Working in a in SuSE or Red Hat Linux environment, successful candidate will provide hands-on support, functional management, development, or maintenance for long-term ongoing projects as well as critical, time-sensitive issues. This includes, but Is not limited to, the following:
* LAN task management (prioritizing requirements, minimizing downtime, maintaining inventory, and ensuring all security and licensing requirements are met).
* Service level agreements between the primary Joint Base Langley Communications Office and assigned Divisions.
* Operating Instructions for continuity purposes.
* Identifying originators and users of shared program and requirement information.
* Timely/accurate flow of information between users using current or new capabilities.
* Relocation of divisions, including configuring network and connectivity issues..
* Recommend hardware and software configurations to meet mission while minimizing additional future investments.
* Information dissemination and retrieval systems including web, file, and print services.
* Working harmoniously with all counterparts–Software License Manager, Information System Security Officer, and Equipment Custodian. .
* Purchasing assistance for IT equipment.
* Coordinate office staff scheduling and participate in shiftwork as needed to provide 24-hour-per-day 7 days-per-week on-call LAN support to the client. Outside business hours requires minimal support unless full support is dictated by overall mission requirements.* Prioritize client requirements to ensure minimal downtime and ensure suspenses are met.
Minimum Requirements For Linux Information Systems Security Officer:
* Possess one year’s network administration experience on systems using SuSE or Red Hat Linux operating system and a Linux certification from a nationally recognized provider. If you have the experience and can obtain the cert within a week, let us know.
* IAT Level 1 certification requirements IAW DoD 8570 , which requires one of the following: A+, Net+, OR Security +. If you do not have this cert but can obtain it within a week, please contact us.
* Active TS Clearance ( or able to reactivate), as well as eligibility for SAP/SCI
Please apply online at
Company Website http://www.plan-sys.com/
When you get employed, reach back and help a fellow Service men and women over the wall.
What goes around, comes around. Help when and where you can.
You, a family member or friend could be next to need a job.
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry’s most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including:
Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans.
NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.