. Military-Civilian: Hot Jobs, Events, and Helpful Information for Veterans Seeking Civilian Careers: Why Vet's make the best Healthcare Travelers....

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Why Vet's make the best Healthcare Travelers....











Why Vet's make the best Healthcare Travelers....

Who are more dedicated, flexible and well trained then our Military Healthcare Professionals?  They have traveled all over the world to care for our military personnel and many times the local population as well.  Their quick assimilation into new surroundings makes them the perfect candidate for travel staffing positions when they retire from military life.  These professionals accept travel, and flexibility as part of the job of service, and their training and broad practical experience can be vast compared to a civilian counterpart.  Since travel is so much a part of the military life, changing work environments and living locations, is not as rigorous an event as it can be for some people.  Travel healthcare staffing is a career choice today; this path requires experience and quick adjustment to a new environment.  Unlike in the past there are no “training candidates” who arrive at the jobsite/facility, there is only basic orientation.  You are expected to “hit the ground running” from day one, healthcare costs demand this today.  So what group of candidates better fit this description?  What organization can argue about travel experience, or adjusting to new locations, when you submit or present a profile representing a Military Healthcare Veteran?

Now for a Vet the advantage of working for RTTEMPS is travel inside our country, meeting new people and continuing to build lifelong friends; learning new and different protocols, and honing skills.  The opportunity to live in different locations within the country for 13 weeks or longer allows you to investigate an area.  It is a great way to sample places to settle after retiring from active duty.

I could never sum up choosing this career path better than one who is enjoying it now.  So I am going to have Barry Gililand, RT, (R), (CT), (MR) tell you about his experience of working for RTTEMPS;  our employees make the best recruiters……….

I'm Barry Gilliland and I retired after 20 years in the military (active duty and reserves).  After many years working in Radiology, I wanted to see and travel to other states and cities I had been told about by so many of my fellow soldiers. RTTEMPS sent me an email and I stepped up, got out of my “comfort zone” and replied.  I have enjoyed the opportunities that seem endless where my career and military background can take me.
From my 1st assignment till now, I have met, worked with and had patients who are veterans of all walks of life.  One of my most important connections with a patient is to help complete an exam.  When I know they are a fellow vet, I can't explain how great talking to them and sharing a mutual understanding is in completing the exam.

More vets in the workforce will hopefully put us right up front when a fellow vet comes to radiology for a test.  You can make a world of difference for that patient by simply connecting as vet to fellow vet.  That is our continuing bond, we vets take care of each other and my career with RTTEMPS has allowed me to do this once again all across this nation we served.

Barry N Gilliland    SSGT, retired     

I hope you will choose joining the RTTEMPS Team. We would be very proud to have you among our ranks, and we thank you very much for your service to our country.     

Denise Rolleri
President
RTTEMPS, LLC


#exmilitaryjobs

No comments: