Wednesday, September 22, 2010
TECHNICAL MECHANIC INSTRUCTOR
CSMI is actively seeking interested mechanical trainers to participate in a vehicle maintenance training program in Afghanistan. This recruitment effort is in anticipation of a contract award with a tentative award to be announced in mid October.
The Technical Mechanic Instructor is primarily responsible for maintenance instruction to Afghan personnel as part of a Mobile Training Team and in Static Facilities.
The curriculum facilitated by the Technical Mechanic Instructor involves levels of training from basic maintenance level, apprentice level through craftsman level focused on achieving proficiency on complex elements of supply procedures and parts requisitioning, HAZMAT, recovery operations, mechanical maintenance, sustainment and repair of tactical and non-tactical vehicles. This instructor uses a variety of materials to measure the level of new students and to gauge understanding of instructional tasks. Instructors should be knowledgeable in instructional techniques and tasks that include the following subject areas: Troubleshooting, maintenance and/or replacement of brake actuators, batteries, starter motors, alternators, mechanical fuel pumps, hydraulic cylinders/pumps/control valves, drive shafts, universal joints, service brake shoes, disc-brake pads, water pumps, turbochargers, cylinder heads, high-pressure fuel injection pumps, wheel bearings/seals, steering unit torquelink, and road wheels. Adjustment of engine speed governor/valves, carburetors, boom-hoist brakes/ clutches, dry-disc clutches, steering brakes, track tension/assemblies, fuel injector racks, and steering unit brake levers. Charges suspension accumulators, transmission shift accumulators, and main hydraulic accumulators. Troubleshooting, repair and overhaul of engines, final drives, power trains, hydraulic systems, and fuel system components.
Performs troubleshooting of engines, power trains, fuel and electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and pneumatic equipment. Prefer US Army MOS 63 series however equivalent experience will be considered. This is a position will require in country travel and has a physical rating of heavy. Must be able to walk, kneel, bend and stoop, and have correctable vision. Only those willing to work and live under these conditions should apply. U.S. passport required. Must pass a physical exam due to the harsh living and working conditions. Must have demonstrated experience maintaining heavy military vehicles and Non Tactical Vehicles. Ability to function for a full year in-country exposed to seasonal temperature extremes.
Please apply online at: www.csmi.com.
Friday, September 17, 2010
SR. TECHNICAL WRITER
Currently this is a 6 month temporary assignment with the potential to convert to a full-time, regular employment position. This position is based in Chatsworth, CA.
General Purpose of the Position: Responsible for moderate to complex technical documentation tasks and projects with writing as well as multimedia focus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create, develop, and maintain reference documentation (e.g. manuals, procedures, technical specifications, presentations, proposals, etc.) used by customers or staff.
· Translate technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
· Work with other departments to produce a wide variety of technical publications.
· Interview subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare written text, and coordinate layout and material organization.
· Research information such as drawings, design reports, equipment, and specifications.
· Enhance current documentation with improved multimedia applications and delivery methods, where appropriate, including the scripting and production of help/training videos, and updated/new graphics and animations.
Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent written/oral communication skills with the ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms.
· Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to rapidly learn new technology, both hardware and software.
· Detail-oriented, with a strong commitment to quality, accuracy, and excellence.
· Organized, self-disciplined, and adaptable, with the flexibility to work on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Positive attitude, stress-tolerant, problem solver.
· Team-oriented, willing to pitch in where needed to ensure team success.
· Proficiency with MS Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Proficiency with Adobe FrameMaker is desired.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communications or related field or equivalent.
· Minimum of 2 to 5 years technical writing experience.
· Experience with testing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and/or repairing equipment in an electrical or gas turbine environment, or with technical writing projects in an electrical or gas turbine environment, is highly desired.
CALL CENTER TECHNICAL SUPPORT POSITION
Once the 2-3 month training is complete, this is a graveyard shift position (11pm – 7am). This position is based in Chatsworth, CA.
General Purpose of the Position: Delivers world class customer service to Capstone’s Authorized Service Providers and end-use customers by telephonically providing them with troubleshooting service and resolution to problems as they are reported through the Company’s Call Center.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical support of trouble issues with Capstone MicroTurbine(s) to support Capstone Authorized Service Providers (ASP) and other external and internal customers.
· Follow call center scripts, interacts with customers of various technical abilities.
· Create Incident Reports from inbound customer phone calls.
· Resolve product technical problems in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
· Create, transact, and maintain essential Capstone documentation.
· Entry level problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Skills and Abilities:
· Must have a strong dedication to quality customer service including strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possess the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
· Ability to deal effectively with customers, peers, and management.
· Must be an independent, self starter and have the ability to work well in a team environment.
· Strong problem-solving skills and inherent decision-making ability.
· Demonstrate a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
· High School diploma or GED.
· Technical, Trade School or College desired, but not required
· Previous Customer Service experience a plus.
· The ability to speak another language, preferably Spanish, is highly desired.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
· Required to sit for long periods of time. Extensive use of a computer.
· Possible travel to customer sites.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN based in Elmwood Park, NJ Office
General Purpose of the Position: Provide field service support to all Customers and Authorized Service Providers (ASPs) in support of Capstone’s microturbine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate must have a basic understanding of gas turbine engine technology and possess a working knowledge of AC/DC, low & high voltage systems with the ability to provide onsite field service support for Capstone’s world-wide customers. The candidate should also have hands-on, working knowledge of how to use electrical test equipment. Two-five years prior field service or military experience and/or bachelor’s degree in a technical field, preferably electronics or electromechanical controls is highly desired. Prior experience with testing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and/or repairing equipment in an electrical or gas turbine environment is required. Bilingual candidates, with a preference toward Spanish, are ideal. The candidate must also have the ability to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes with little notice.
Please send resume to: email@example.com.
Friday, September 10, 2010
The Ethix Corporation...
Founded in February of 2007; is a boutique executive management consulting firm that partners with organizations to address areas of risk, compliance, and governance. These areas of concern can be a drain on resources and a distraction for management from the task of running the business. Ethix partners to design and implement cost effective, sustainable solutions. The team at Ethix is comprised of former senior level managers and executives, not trained consultants so they understand the needs of the business first hand.
Ethix provides executive management consulting services to address SOX, HIPAA, GLB, PCI, Corporate Governance, and Risk Avoidance. They have ways to help offset the costs of your organizations efforts by providing innovative solutions like; Retainer Plans and Organizational Needs Analysis. The Retainer Plans provide your organization the services of senior level team members at a fraction of the cost of one full time resource. The Organizational Needs Analysis is an initial assessment designed to familiarize Ethix with your unique organization and determine how (if) Ethix can offer value added solutions. In some cases; the needs of your organization may require the services or products of another provider. The people at Ethix recognize this and in order to provide the most comprehensive support in the industry they have developed relationships with over 20 firms, providers, & consultants.
Thomas J. Murray; CISA
Sr. Governance, Compliance, & Risk Executive
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Contract Specialist – Southern Maryland
Administration of contracts for service and/or products, of Navmar and subcontractors. Prepares bids for submission. Reviews bids from subcontractors for conformity to contract requirements. Negotiates contract with customer. Requests amendments to or extensions of contracts. Advises company departments of contractual rights and obligations. Compiles data for preparing estimates. Act as liaison between company, customer and subcontractors. Examines contract performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy. Negotiates contract with customer. Administers contracts, including final approval of payment. Requests amendments to or extensions of contracts. Advises other Navmar departments of contractual rights and obligations. Compiles data for preparing estimates. Maintains contract status databases. Reviews all correspondence concerning contracts and responds as necessary. Establishes and maintains contact with customers to ensure the smooth working of the contract and payment process. Acts as a liaison between Navmar and customer. Verifies, and posts details of contract transactions. Reconciles and balances contract transactions. Monitors contact accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date. Audits contracts, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement. Reviews contract debit and credit entries to determine whether funds were received on schedule. Adjust contract errors and reconcile open balances. Coordinates assignments of workers reconciling contact account differences. Writes letters and makes telephone calls to recover open contract items and to adjust accounts. Prepares status reports from open and pending contracts. Assigns workers responsibility for investigating and verifying financial status of contacts preparing documents to substantiate findings. Reviews contract reports to ascertain status of contract and balances outstanding and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures. Assists management in the formulation of contract policies.
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MUST BE ABLE TO ATTAIN A DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE SECRET LEVEL CLEARANCE.
Receptionist/Program Support – Jessup, MD
Performs a variety of administrative office duties and functions. Answering the phone, taking detail messages. Prepares and set-up office for meetings and conferences. Prepares mail distribution, incoming and outgoing. Send, receive and track FedEx packages. Enhance office workflow by organizing and maintaining proper work areas, ordering and stocking supplies. Schedule appointments with vendors for office repairs and maintenance.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website www.navmar.com
Friday, September 3, 2010
Careers in Bellevue, Washington
Database Manager – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Data Quality Analyst – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Manager of Account Management - TalentWise – Bothell, WA
Product Manager – Los Angeles, CA
Product Marketing Manager – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Program Manager - eCommerce – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Record Linkage and Information Extraction Engineer/Scientist – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Regional Sales Manager - TalentWise – (California, Colorado, Mid-Atlantic, New York )
Senior Business Analyst – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Senior Network Engineer – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Senior Network Security Engineer – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Senior Software Engineer – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Software Engineer – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Software Engineer - TalentWise – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Software Engineer in Test – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Software Engineer in Test - Data Systems – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Software Engineer in Test - TalentWise – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Software Engineer in UI - TalentWise – Bellevue, WA - Headquarters
Candidates must apply online, please go to www.intelius.com/careers and follow the instruction.
Please include a cover letter and reference Military-Civilian.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Life Alert, Inc., in Encino, CA has the following opportunity:
Information System Security Officers – Full-time – Salary + 65K/yr
Report outside IT & IS to CIO & SVP – Min travel required.
Will provide technical support to Certifications and Accreditation projects for classified and unclassified FISMA systems. Conducts daily C&A operations and maintaining accreditations compliance and system availability, data integrity and confidentiality of classified and classified systems. Performs technical assessments, testing and evaluation on information security technology products for securing and protecting computer applications, operating systems, and networks. Recommends best practice operational procedures for maintaining security compliance with government regulations. Develops C&A and related security operations, documentation, procedures and plans supporting ongoing ISSO operations for security event analysis and incident response. Maintains C&A and security related database for various systems. Conducts C&A and IT Security training and exercises as part of Annual FISMA reporting requirements.
Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in an IT security related Discipline with 5 years exp. As an ISSR, ISSO, or ISSM. Min. 3 years hands-on exp. With DoD and US Federal Government Certification and Accreditation regulations, policies, procedures and methodologies (DCID).
Please send resume to email to: email@example.com.